Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Silk Cheesecake

Oh wow! That is all I can say about this chocolaty goodness.  It was inspired by two amazing desserts, Chocolate Silk Pie, and Oreo Layer Dessert. What can be better than those two desserts....well I think taking the best of each and making one fabulous dessert, that's what. Oh by the way did I mention Kandi and I started a little diet last week? Yep, I am pretty sure Kandi is leading in calories and pounds lost!


Crust:

1 Package of Regular Oreos
6 T of Butter (3/4 of one stick)
Crush 2/3 of the box of the Oreos with a food processor, or crush in a bag with a rolling pin.  Melt butter, and stir into Oreos. Spread crust in a 9 x 9 pan. 
Cheese Cream Layer:
8 oz. of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 powdered sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream


In a bowl whip heavy whipping cream until peaks form.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, whip softened cream cheese in a bowl, add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Fold in your whipped cream, and mix so cheese has a smooth texture.  Pour into your 9 x 9 cake pan.  Place in frig. while working on the next layer.


Chocolate Silk Layer
1 Jar (7oz) Marshmallow Creme
1 Cup Giradelli Semi-Sweet Chips
1/4 Cup Butter (1/2 stick)
2 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream + 2 Tablespoons
In a heavy sauce pan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter unsweetened chocolate and 2 T Heavy Whipping Cream.  Cook, stirring constantly until chocolate melts, and mixture becomes smooth.  Pour into a bowl, and set in the frig. to cool for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, whip your heavy cream in a bowl until peaks form.  Fold into the chocolate mixture, then pour over the cheese cake layer.  Return to the refrigerator.

 

Topping
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 T Powdered Sugar
Chocolate Curls (from the Unsweetened Chocolate Bar)
1 row of Oreos, (the remaining row from your box) crunched up


Mix heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar together and beat until the cream forms peaks.  Spread over the chocolate layer.  Spread crunched up Oreos on the top of the whipped cream. And sprinkle chocolate curls across the top of the dessert.  (Use the remaining chocolate from the Unsweetened Chocolate Bar).  Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the dessert sets up! 




I hope you Enjoy!

Rebekah

I linked up here...







28 comments:

  1. Mmmm this looks absolutely delicious! Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert, and this looks like a very impressive one! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing! This would go over well at my house, we all LOVE chocolate. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so wonderful! Oreos don't last long in my house. I'm not sure I'd even have enough to make the dessert if I bought them... I'm pinning this for future reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I am having a chocolate attack just looking at it.I am going to try this recipe.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I am going to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy yummy yummy!! My hubby wouldn't like it, so I'd have to eat the whole thing myself. That'd be a shame...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not need to see this...especially since I have a wedding dress to fit into in a few months! Will have to file this one away and make soon thereafter! Happy Wednesday:D

    Chandra
    astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! My two favorite pies, merged together and then topped with my favorite cookie? Wowza! Thanks for sharing, this sounds a.maz.ing!
    Happy Day,
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, oh my this looks so good! I'm going to have to try it out sometime. :-)

    Erin
    takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via:
    http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-7.html


    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rebeka,
    Wow, I gained 5lbs. just drooling over the picture! This looks and sounds absolutely amazing! I will definitely be giving this a try, (as any real chocoholic must!).
    I'm a new follower and am inviting you to share this delightful concoction with us at our linky party. We'd love to have you. (Do bring dessert:)
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yum! This sounds so good! PLease put a link to the Home Sweet Home party in your post! Thank you for joining me for Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your project at Jillify It!

    I hope you will come back again next Tuesday to share more of your creations!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy!!! I love anything with Oreo!

    I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week!

    http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

    Looking forward to more posts,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sherry,
    I am so sorry I did not create a link back to your party. I have looked and looked for home sweet home, but can't find you. Can you send me your address so I can share it with my readers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fantastic! I am a new linky follower, maybe you can follow me back :)
    I love cheese cake!
    http://mamaldiane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stop it right now. Don't put anymore pictures of all of that chocolate goodness up.LOL It looks sooo good and I will definitely have to make this. I found you on Twigg Studios and I am a new follower. Come over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're drooling! We'd love for you to link this and whatever else you'd like at our new Beautify It Monday link party going on now at Bringingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! I am so going to be making this dessert for Easter!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. just saw this picture and my mouth is watering...Oh Dear, this does look yummy! I'm putting it on my "Gotta Try it" list! Excited to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Janis! I really hope you enjoy. I am so glad you are following us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks amazing!! I just love Oreo's - this combo sounds great! Thanks for linking up - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/04/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-44/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am featuring your dessert on my blog today!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Flamingo Toes ans 36th Avenue for featuring our Chocolate Silk Cheesecake. What an honor for our little blog to gain the attention of both of your amazing blogs. We feel so honored! You have really made us feel special. To my readers if you have not seen these two blogs go there now! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you to all the people on pinterest that brought it to my attention that I wrote Cheese Cake instead of Cheesecake. Boy sometimes I feel like a real idiot! I guess that is the trouble with blogging, all of my weaknesses like spelling are out there for everyone to see. Thanks again! I think I have made the proper changes to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just coming by to let you know that your chocolate silk cheesecake is featured on my blog today! :) Stop by to grab a button, if you wish. Thanks for linking up with Think Pink Friday's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity