I think C's Room has put me in the mood to update a few more spaces much to my husband's dismay! :) Just last week, I finally found lamps and a cache pot for the console table in our foyer.
Console Table Before...
A pair of crystal lamps and a new cache pot full of orchids make all the difference.
I love the details on this cache pot. (I have also seen this word spelled cachepot). I found this one at Urban Merchant. I actually saw it weeks before I bought it, but it was a little much for my budget, so I stalked it for a couple weeks, before breaking down and buying it! I am so glad I did. It is just perfect.
Today I want to share with you my method for planting orchids in a large vessel. Any vessel will do as long as it is deep enough to cover the planted pots.
1. I place as many orchids into my container as I can. In this case, I used 4 orchid plants.
2. Keep the orchid in it's plastic container. Orchids like to be root bound.
3. Put potting soil in the bottom of the pot, place your orchid plants in their container in the pot, then fill around plants with potting soil to keep pots upright.
4. Cover with moss. I bought mine at Michael's.
5. Place 3 ice cubes around the base of each plant twice a week.
6. If possible avoid direct sunlight, but place in indirect light.
7. Orchids will bloom for up to two months.
I love spaces that include gorgeous arrangements of orchids. Here are a few inspirational pictures from Pinterest and Houzz.com
This last picture is from my mudroom room. I hope I was able to give a few helpful tips to decorating with orchids. Thanks for joining us today!