Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Muddy Update

Thursday was a magical day in my kingdom, both of my children went back to school!  And I was finally able to start work on my mudroom.  I have been dreaming of a more efficient and beautiful space but I don't have a big budget, only $200.  I am fortunate that I have a couple of pieces that I can repurpose for this project.  I already  have a wall of hooks, a  bench, and a rug that will  be used in this space.  I would love to replace my rug, but I am afraid that is just not in my budget.  But if it was here are a couple of rugs that have caught my attention.....
Garnet Hill Bogart Flat Weave


 West Elm, Andalusia Dhurrie


Garnet Hill  


I love the overall look of this last space!  I wish I was bold enough to paint my doors.....maybe....

Here are a couple pictures that have the feel I am after.....






I am going to leave you with one last picture...



  I purchaced this china cabinet for a whooping $100 at my local estate store.  I think that it will meet all of my storage needs.  It was built in the 50's so it is solid wood constuction with dove tailed drawers.  But boy is it ugly!  When looking for a second hand piece of furniture, look at the quality of constuction, and its lines.  In my case I wanted a sturdy piece that would hold up to two boys opening and closing doors and drawers.  This cabinet is going to be perfect. 
  I only have $100 left, and I will give you a hint to where that money is going.....Paint Paint and More Paint!

Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity