Friday, December 7, 2012

How To Take Glowing Christmas Tree Pictures

Can I just say I'm still lost with my new DSLR Camera.  Even though it's not new anymore!  It's almost exactly a year old and we are still barely on speaking terms!  With that out of the way... I conquered something on my Pinterest to do list involving my camera last night. 


I had pinned this image from Unskinny Boppy last year (who hasn't pinned this?!?).  When going through my Christmas boards this year I decided I had to give this a try!  And, her tutorial really makes it a no brainer. 


The jist is you turn all your lights off except the tree and including your flash, turn your ISO up as high as it will go (I did 6400), turn your shutter speed down, and use a tripod or something to steady it on.  I'm going to make you click over to Beth's blog for the real in depth details (cause it's the right thing to do!).  There she will tell you specifics and you should check out some of her other great posts while your there! 

But, before you go.... here are some outtakes for your enjoyment...

{Note to self... Christmas trees are much  more cooperative than kids... }
 
Kandi


Classy Clutter
good one

5 comments:

  1. I linked up at Classy Clutter, Spotlight Saturday and that's where I came across your blog. Beautiful pictures! I'm definitely going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing! :D

    I'd love for you to follow me as I'm now following you.
    www.thissoutherngirlsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those pics are something else! Your tree is literally glowing! Thanks so much for sharing this at our Winter Wonders and Holiday Happeninsg link party. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give this a try this year! I agree, the tree is much more likely to be cooperative than the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos'! And more importantly: what cute kids!

    hugs x
    crystelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity