Monday, April 23, 2012

Strawberry Trifle


I have a new dessert recipe I want to share with you.  This is a super easy, no bake semi-homemade trifle.   If you are able to forgo chocolate for the night, (a rare occasion in our house) and you are looking for a sweet treat that is light and fluffy, then this is for you!



Strawberry Trifle


 Ingredients

1 box of ripe strawberries
Angel Food Cake (I bought this, but if you have the time...)
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
3 T powdered sugar,
1 t vanilla
2 Packages of Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
1/2 Cup Strawberry Jam
1 T liquid corn starch
1/2 Cup Water

Optional
1/4 Cup Light Rum


* I like to use a trifle bowl for this dessert, However you can also make this dessert in individual cups.  (As seen in my photos).

Getting your trifle layers ready....

1.  Cut up half of the Angel Food Cake (pieces should be bite sized, less than 1 inch.  I bought a huge cake, that is why I only needed half. 

2. Mix up Instant Vanilla Pudding according to directions.  Cool in refrigerator while preparing other layers.

3. Beat Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 t. vanilla, and 2 T. powdered sugar until peaks form.  Place in refrigerator.

4. Slice Strawberries add 1 T powdered sugar to berries and let stand for 10 minutes. 

5. (This is the only complicated step of the recipe.) Make Strawberry Sauce.  In a heavy sauce pan combine 1/2 cup sliced strawberries in their sugar sauce, 1/2 cup strawberry jam and 1/4 cup light rum.  Bring to a boil.  Add 1/2 cup water, and 1 T liquid Corn Starch.  Bring back up to a boil, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat.  Cook, stirring constantly for another 2 minutes.  Sauce should thicken up. Taste for sweetness, you can always add a little sugar to the sauce.



Layer the Trifle

Lay half of the angel food cake in the bottom of the trifle dish.  Pour half of the strawberry sauce over the cake.  Place 1/3 of the cut strawberries  over the sauce.  Pour 1/2 of the vanilla pudding over the strawberries.  Spread half of the whipped cream over the pudding.  Continue layering.  (Remaining cake, remaining sauce, 1/3 berries, remaining pudding, remaining whipped cream.  Strawberries to garnish.



Voila! This is a great summer dessert, just add a few blue berries and you are ready for any Fourth of July or Memorial Day Party!



Hope you Enjoy this guilt free dessert! I finally snatched the camera from my photographer and snapped a quick picture of her!  (she was so thrilled!)

Rebekah

Check out our "where we party" button if you want to see where I linked up.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekah, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is and to let you know that I am now following you. Please drop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this dessert looks worthy of pre-dinner consumption !! I'm not a sweets person, but I know my husband would go crazy over something like this. And I'm loving the rest of your blog, so to quote The Godfather, "Say hello to your newest follower." {Oh, what ? That's not how it goes ?}

    Take care,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great summer treat for after grill night! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited to have two new followers! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! On very rare occasions, I do look for a dessert which doesn't feature chocolate. I think this might be my new fave!
    Following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks absolutely delicious! Such a great spring treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy!!! This looks so good! I just love trifles - they are so fun to put together!
    Thanks for linking up - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/04/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-47/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! Would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Great Photos...

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum, this trifle looks sooo good!!!! One of my favorite desserts, especially in the summer! This looks so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! This looks so heavenly. :-) Visiting you from Addicted 2 Decorating. I'm now following and look forward to seeing more of your yummy recipes. Have a terrific weekend!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMERS!!! I featured this at this week's Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/04/mop-it-up-mondays-14.html. Hope you can pop on over!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soo yummy! I would love for you to share this with my "Unveil Your Genius" link party (new party every Thursday).
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-8.html

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the calories....that looks so yummy.
    Fun to find new blogs to follow...
    come for a visit to mine...
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday...you are being featured later today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! non woven bags Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity